Apply — International First-Year (Freshman) Student
First-year students are those that are currently enrolled in secondary school, or have completed secondary school and have not attended a university outside of their secondary school experience.
This includes students who have taken A levels in English language courses as long as they have not completed university coursework. Sometimes, these students are also referred to as “freshmen,” regardless of their class standing upon entering the university.
Fall 2014 — Domestic and International First-Year and Transfer Students
|Rolling Admission||August 1, 2015 (Domestic, including International students living in the U.S.)May 15, 2015 (International students living outside the U.S.)||Decisions are made within two weeks of receiving completed application materials.|
Requirements and Application Checklist
Apply as an International First-Year (Freshman) Student
- Complete the application for admission. There is no application fee!
Please mail supporting documents to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
10 West 33rd Street
Perlstein Hall, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60616
- Submit official or certified copies of the marks or grades of courses completed prior to university or college entrance, as well as all board examination scores. Documents submitted electronically are subject to review. The admission counselor reserves the right to require originals to be mailed to Illinois Tech.
- Take either the SAT I or ACT test and send the official scores directly from the testing center. The SAT code for IIT is 1318. The ACT code for IIT is 1040. We do not require that students take the SAT II subject tests.
- Provide an official copy of the English proficiency TOEFL or IELTS score report. The TOEFL code to send your scores to Illinois Tech is 1318.
- Provide a completed evalutation form or letter of recommendation, for example from your counselor or a teacher (especially in the subjects of math, science, or english). One letter is required but up to three are accepted.
- Teacher Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Submit IIT’s Financial Affidavit of Supportt for F-1 or J-1 Students to demonstrate that you or your sponsor have available finances (minimum US$50,799) to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at Illinois Tech.
- Provide a copy of your passport. A copy of your passport is needed to fulfill the visa requirements.
To visit our main website, click here.