We’re in the midst of Thanksgiving break here at Illinois Tech; students are spending their time of celebrating with their families and friends, catching up on sleep, and studying for the finals week ahead. I thought I’d take a moment to share some of my favorite things about attending IIT.
Here’s the top ten things I’m thankful for at Illinois Tech:
10. Being on a small campus — Everything on campus is so easy to get to, and you never have to spend too long out in the cold weather while walking to class!
9. Holiday lights outside McCormick Student Village — the decorations make campus feel so much happier as the weather gets colder and finals week begins!
8. Global Grounds – Our on-campus coffee shop has a great supply of caffeine and snacks.
7. Office of Campus Life’s Stress Free Zone — Even when finals week is underway, there are some relaxing things to do around campus!
6. The CTA — It’s easy to get anywhere in the city with the Green Line, Red Line, and State Street bus running through campus.
5. The Bog — There’s so many fun things to do on Thursday and Friday nights!
4. Galvin Library — being open 24 hours a day is great for late-night study sessions.
3. The Student Activities Fund, which allows student organizations to plan awesome events!
2. The One Stop — Illinois Tech’s office where you can get absolutely any IIT-related question answered by their ever-helpful and knowledgeable staff.
1. Living in the beautiful city of Chicago — there’s so much to explore!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Tweet it to us at @IITUGAdmission !